[aliaSA] Vale Trevor Wakely

Morton, Hayley Hayley.Morton at sawater.com.au
Fri Oct 14 00:33:48 EDT 2011

It is with much sadness that I share news of the passing of former ALIA member Trevor Wakely, who died unexpectedly at home on Thursday 13 October.

Trevor's involvement with ALIA spanned several decades. He was a tireless volunteer for ALIA, locally in his home state of Victoria and nationally. Some of the many key executive and committee roles Trevor held included: ALIA Interim Board of Directors, ALIA Victorian Branch Council, ALIA Victoria Group, Chair of the 9th Special Law and Health Librarians' Conference, the 1996 Biennial Conference organising  committee, ALIA Bylaws Advisory Committee, the Interlibrary Lending Expert Advisory Group and 15 years with ALIA Victoria Special Libraries. Trevor's work in these areas has helped to shape our association and build a vibrant profession.  In addition to his ALIA roles, Trevor was well know for his contribution to bodies such as the Kinetica Advisory Group and the NOIE E-Government Victorian Community of Practice.

Trevor's career mirrors a period of great technological change within the LIS industry. His roles evolved from technical services with the Bureau of Meteorology, later becoming Chief Librarian and moving in recent years to the BOM's On-line Channel Management Team.

Trevor will be remembered for his exceptional professional network. He drew together friends and colleagues and could be relied on as a great source of industry news. A strong advocate for sharing professional knowledge, Trevor was instrumental in maintaining several ALIA elists and for promoting much professional discussion. New members of the industry benefited from Trevor's generosity as a mentor and advisor.

On behalf of the ALIA Board of Directors I extend our sincere condolences to Trevor's partner Brendon, family, friends and colleagues.

Sue Hutley  AALIA (CP)
Executive Director
Australian Library and Information Association
e sue.hutley at alia.org.au<mailto:sue.hutley at alia.org.au>
w http://www.alia.org.au

Be green - read on the screen

*******South Australian Water Corporation disclaimer*******

"This e-mail and any attachments to it may be confidential and/or subject to legal professional
privilege. If you are not the intended recipient you may not disclose or use the information
contained in the message in any way. If received in error please delete all copies and contact the
sender by return e-mail. No warranty is made that any attachments are free from viruses. It is the
recipient's responsibility to establish its own protection against viruses and other damage."